Business-Building Action From Terry Brock
We are living in the best time possible. You and I, as small business owners, have opportunities as never before to excel and achieve not only the business goals we have but also the lifestyle goals.
Right about now, you might be wondering if I’m in tune with reality. “Doesn’t this guy know about the problems with blah, blah, blah (fill in your favorite problems with the “blahs”)?” Well, yes, it is vitally important to know what it happening and be in tune with the world. However, we have to see the total picture of reality — not just the doom and gloom that we hear way too much today.
Today we have enormous opportunities that can help you in your business as never before. The chances today to build quality, mutually beneficial business relationships are better than ever. Successful entrepreneurs today are embracing Relationship Marketing as never before. It works and it is the way we naturally want to interact with others.
Here are a few of the benefits we have. Think of some of the others and let me know what you think:
- Faster Internet Connection Than Ever. This has opened up the world to immense commerce opportunities. The Internet is really all about connecting with others. We can connect with the thoughts and ideas of others. We can see video, listen to audio and learn as never before because of this incredible tool. This connection tool opens infinite possibilities for business and building relationships.
- Ability To Connect With Others Via Audio, Video. This relates to the Net and to other technologies (fiber optics, satellite, etc.). Because we can see and hear others from around the world, markets are more abundant and available now than ever before. You can tap into the global opportunities to do business from just about anywhere.
- Communication Now Better And Cheaper Than Ever. Just this week I needed to make an international call. I thought about how much better it is today than ever before. In the past when I would call Australia, the cost was about 25 cents per minute — and I considered THAT a bargain! Today we can call on Skype for free (Skype to Skype), Google voice, Yahoo Messenger and other options are available. We also have many calling card companies that have brought the price down to 2 cents or less per minute. Better communication is a huge factor in Relationship Marketing. With lower costs, you can connect with people more and do it less expensively (or for free!).
- Travel Is More Common. It is relatively easy today to get on a plane and travel the world. Even with the real dangers that have always existed in travel through the centuries, it is safer and more reliable today. The richest king of 400 years ago couldn’t even imagine the travel opportunities we have today. If you fly first class think of the pampering you get on an airline like Singapore Airlines or other really good airlines. I find my international travels to be something I cherish and look forward to when I make the trip. No king or queen of years ago could enjoy the comforts or even imagine the joys of travel that mere mortals can today!
- Business Is Really The International Language. If you’re savvy with business, you will always do well — no matter what government does. Yes, they can make it difficult but if governments make business difficult today, serious business people can “Go Galt” as the character John Galt did in the best-seller Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. They can leave and “go on strike.” Then governments will realize they can’t tax and regulate productivity. Productive, smart people will not tolerate abuse to their lives or their paychecks for long without going “on strike.” Master business and how to please customers in your business and you’ll always do well. This is what Relationship Marketing is all about.
Yes, we are aware of the headlines and breaking news stories that seem to be continually negative. However, a realistic approach means that we have to look at what is happening both positively and otherwise. The principles of success don’t change — no matter what the economic environment. Yes, we have to change continually. Nothing stays the same. History has taught us that. Yet, as we embrace changes, continue to learn and adapt and constantly serve customers more, we will succeed no matter what.
To hear more about some specifics of how you can embrace these possibilities visit my website at www.TerryBrock.com and listen to the podcast on iTunes under Terry Brock.
Keep this good news in mind when you read that next story about how bad things are today. An “optimistic realist” will survive and thrive in today’s economy — or whatever comes in the future.
Copyright © 2009, Terry Brock and Achievement Systems, Inc. Terry Brock is an international marketing coach and professional speaker who helps businesses generate profitable results. He can be reached by e-mail at [email protected] or through his website at www.terrybrock.com. Join the Twitter adventure with Terry through his Twitter address: @TerryBrock